Gearing up for British HCI

Posted by Shaun. So it’s been quite a long and winding road to get here but it’s almost time for British HCI 2015. The lead up to conference has been – shall we say – somewhat controversial in many ways and I’ve learnt a lot. We’re very proud of the program we’ve put together with masses of help and goodwill from very many people in the HCI community – both here and abroad. I’m looking forward to every single session and talking to every single delegate (and we are hoping to easily break 200 by the way) – some highlights for me though I expect will be the “HCI & the REF” panel, with Dave Benyon, Alan Dix and Tom Rodden all coming along, the social evenings (every night!), plus the chance to meet and chat with some amazing invited speakers. We still have a few things to iron out in the next few weeks – my co-chair Patrick looks suitably concerned about the current physical state of the building above for instance – but we’ll get there and we can certainly promise that it will be a memorable week. Full details about the conference are here and you register on RegOnline.